Avena genetic resources for quality in human consumption.
Project undertaken in the framework of AGRI GEN RES 2006, AVEQ.
Objectives of the project were realized by 15 institutions from 9 European Countries in 2007-2011. The key aim was evaluation, physico-chemical characteristics and documentation of Avena species (oats) stored in genebanks.
The project was divided into 10 tasks:
- Project coordination.
- Creating and multiplying Avena collection.
- Carrying out field experiments in 7 countries and their qualitative analysis.
- Carrying out field experiments with Fusarium sp. artificial inoculation.
- Analysis of Fusarium sp. infected seeds.
- Determining protein, fat and mineral substances content.
- Determining fiber and β-glucan content.
- Antioxidants analysis.
- Determining cold resistance.
- Drawing up documentation and creating a web site.
National Centre for Plant Genetic Resources: Polish Genebank was realizing tasks number 2 and 3.