The activities are coordinated by the National Centre for Plant Genetic Resources: Polish Genebank and realized in cooperation with lots of Institutes in Poland. Crop Plant Genetic Resources Protection is one of tasks laid down in the Multiannual Program, and has been finased by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development for the periods 2008-2013 and 2014-2020 (Task 1.2 “Collection and conservation in the field collections, in vitro and cryopreservation, characterization, evaluation, documentation and distribution of genetic resources and information on crops, their wild relatives and accompanying species”).
Crop plant genetic resources collecions :
- in vitro potato genes collection,
- pea, lupin and serradella collection,
- triticale and durum wheat collection,
- leguminous plants collection,
- winter and spring wheat collection,
- diploid potato collection,
- reclamation plants collection,
- flax collection,
- tobacco and hop plant collection,
- herbal plants collection,
- oats collection,
- maize collection,
- beetroot collection,
- rye collection,
- hemp collection,
- collection of grasses,
- barley collection,
- medicinal and aromatic plants collection.
Collection of crop wild relatives and accompanying species
The collection was created through collection and reproduction of plant species. Crop wild relatives and cultivation-accompanying species maintain agroecosystems sustainable and can be a source of beneficial traits for crop plants.